The first step in the application process is to complete the undergraduate admission application.
If you choose to apply online, you can use your existing IUFW username and passphrase to log in to the application system, which will minimize the information you'll need to complete. If you don’t remember your username and passphrase, contact the University Information Technology Services Support Center at 317-274-HELP (4357) or email@example.com.
If you’ve never had a username and passphrase, you’ll be able to create a guest computing account for the purposes of completing the application.
When you fill out the application, there will be a place for you to indicate that you are a returning student. Make sure to list IUFW as a post-secondary school so that you do not have to pay an application fee, since you've already paid one. If the application requests you to pay another application fee, please contact our office, and we'll be happy to help troubleshoot the issue with you.
If you have attended any colleges or universities outside the IU system since you last attended IU Fort Wayne, you must request an official copy of your transcript from each school you attended. This includes:
- Any college or university at which you were enrolled but did not complete any classes
- Any dual-credit courses or college courses completed while you were in high school
- If you have fewer than 26 hours of transferable credit, you must also provide your official high school transcript.
You must contact each school and ask for your official transcript to be sent directly to IU Fort Wayne. Transcripts should be mailed to:IU Fort Wayne Processing Center
Cavanaugh Hall Room 147
425 University Blvd.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
IU Fort Wayne can accept official transcripts that are sent electronically from colleges and universities. However, we do not accept emailed PDFs of transcripts; your transcript must be electronically generated from an official system.
Electronic transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your school will be sending limited-time credentials that allow us to access their system, be sure to make your request during regular business hours.
Policy on returning transcripts
All materials submitted in support of an IU Fort Wayne application become the property of Indiana University and are not returnable, forwarded, copied, or released to the student or to third parties. Students with education outside of the US are advised to bring additional copies of their official educational documents in envelopes signed, sealed and stamped by the issuing institution should they have need of their official educational documents.
As part of IU Fort Wayne’s commitment to maintaining a safe campus community, you must disclose on your application for admission if you:
- Have been subject to formal disciplinary action (including, but not limited to, suspension or expulsion) for academic or nonacademic reasons at any high school, postsecondary institution, college, or university.
- Have been charged or convicted of a crime (or a foreign legal equivalent) that has not been expunged by a court.
- Have any currently pending criminal charges (or a foreign legal equivalent) against you.
- Have engaged in any behavior that caused injury to any person(s) or property (including, but not limited to, vandalism or behavior that led to a restraining order against you) that resulted in some form of discipline or intervention.
You will not automatically be denied admission to IU Fort Wayne if you have a previous conviction or disciplinary action, but your application must be reviewed by the Admissions Committee before an admission decision is made. It can take up to four to six weeks for the Admissions Committee to review applicants with disclosures.
Complete the Prior Conduct Information and Release form