Frequently asked questions
- We invite you to get involved with our alumni chapters, or the Mastodon Alumni Association as you feel comfortable. These are separate organizations.
- Please follow our social media platforms and, as you are comfortable, update your profile to reflect our IU branding.
- In 2018, IPFW split into two separate academic institutions – IU Fort Wayne and PFW.
- While IU Fort Wayne and PFW share a campus and various resources, they are two separate degree-granting universities.
- IU Fort Wayne is located off Coliseum Blvd on our shared campus with PFW.
- Our schools are located in Neff Hall, the Liberal Arts building and Medical Education
- We have over 900 enrolled undergraduate students (Fall 2022).
Yes! Your connection to IU continues long after graduation. You are part of a vast, helpful community of alumni who have experience navigating what comes next.
- IU Fort Wayne is a completely different organization from IU Health. While we do share the IU name, we are a health professions-focused university, while IU Health is a large network of hospitals and clinics.
- We annually renew clinical affiliation agreements with multiple hospital systems, including IU Health, and nonprofit organizations, as well as private practice offices. Many of our students need to fulfill clinical rotations, intern- and externships for their graduation requirements. These valuable partners help them meet these requirements.
- We have a new Vice Chancellor and Dean – Dr. Deborah Garrison – who will be active in spreading the word about IU Fort Wayne.
- This past May, we had our first graduating class since we officially became IU Fort Wayne.
- We introduced our IU Fort Wayne mascot – Ruby the Red Fox – to the community in Fall 2021.