All about fees
When you register, you’re agreeing to pay the fees associated with your education. Not paying your fees does not automatically cancel your registration, you must drop your classes or officially withdraw to avoid being charged.
The IU Board of Trustees approves all fees, usually in May or June of each year. The Board of Trustees reserves the right to change fees without notice.
There are several categories of fees that may apply to you. IU Fort Wayne charges:
- Course-related fees - These are fees that cover specific costs for preparation and completion of certification exams ir training materials. May also include the costs of student travel related to the specific course instruction.
- Distance education fees - Per credit hour fees charged for instruction in specific online programs.
- Mandatory Fees - The Student Services Fee is charged to all students regardless of location. These fees provide revenue to support services, programs, facilities, and materials that support student success, contributing to a comprehensive learning environment.
- Program Fees - Covers the cost of academic support, mentoring, laboratory supplies and equipment, consumable classroom and studio materials, and other administrative services to support students.
- Fees for room and meals - Fees to cover the costs of on-campus housing and meal plans offered to all students.
The master fee list contains all possible fees. Choose your options to find fees that will apply to you.